The beginnings of a new server

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, all!

It's time for me to post about something I've been working on in secret for several months.  As med343 notes in this topic, classic is 8 years old with a relatively small player base.  But we have an awesome community here, and I love you all. 

So, what I have I been working on?  Why, Au70 Andromeda of course! I am envisioning this server to be a creative server, similar to Au70 Galaxy.  However, it would be built in Minecraft 1.10 using a combination of bukkit plugins.  I have already set up advanced ranking, IRC integration, Multi-World and an announcer.

This is where I need your help, though.  I'm seeking feedback on what you would like to see implemented in this server.  What features would help you build?  Moderate?  How can we bring players to this server? 

Oh, and no server is complete without a logo:

Au70%20Andromeda.png

Thanks again :D

Posted

And is it going to be done?

Posted

1- Keep /z PLEASE. It's so useful.

2- Will we get our current ranks back?

3- I don't know any effective way to getting people into the server though, since there is no server list on Minecraft. Maybe one of us could possibly make a video about it.

Posted

And is it going to be done?

​Yes, I'm setting up permissions up right now.  It's time-consuming because each plugin comes with permissions that need to be set.

1- Keep /z PLEASE. It's so useful.

2- Will we get our current ranks back?

3- I don't know any effective way to getting people into the server though, since there is no server list on Minecraft. Maybe one of us could possibly make a video about it.

​1 - Okay!

2 - I would think so, I'm not positive though.  Thoughts?

3 - There are several unofficial server lists for Minecraft.  We could advertise there as well.

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't mind continuing my duties as admin for Au70 Andromeda. I miss helping people while also enforcing le rules.

-_DJPON3_

Edited by uofaer
signature :P

Posted

Also, i wouldn't mind seeing an economy system, maybe MCMMO

Posted

​I'm not sure creative would have an economy system... but eh.  I'll look into it.

Posted

​I'm not sure creative would have an economy system... but eh.  I'll look into it.

​It's fine if it doesn't.

Posted (edited)

Nice. Make it for non-premium players too, please!

Also, please save the ranks (Guest,Builder,AdvBuilder,etc.)

Edited by MrOnlineCoder

Posted

How do you mean by that?  Au70 Galaxy will still exist. 

Also, please save the ranks (Guest,Builder,AdvBuilder,etc.)

​Of course.

Posted

How do you mean by that?  Au70 Galaxy will still exist.

I mean that online-mode is set to false, so players without an MC license can join

Posted (edited)

"I mean that online-mode is set to false, so players without an MC license can join"

I concur, as this could increase the playerbase.

Infoswaps-

I don't want to lose my 170 hours. Infoswaps availible upon request(?)

Edited by med343

Posted

"I mean that online-mode is set to false, so players without an MC license can join"

Infoswaps-

I don't think that your hours count will save because no popular permissions plugins have this option as I know.

Posted

Infoswaps-

I don't think that your hours count will save because no popular permissions plugins have this option as I know.

​Agreed. RIP

Posted

Is this server online by now? Would think so if Pad was setting up the perms 6 months ago.

Posted

Is this server online by now? Would think so if Pad was setting up the perms 6 months ago.

​nu

Posted

​nu

​Sucks

Posted

​nu

​Sucks

​You suk ;)

Posted

​nu

​Sucks

​You suk ;)

​Come at me brah

Posted

Since CMP can get boring rather quickly, for me at least, I think there should be some small minigames or something similar to keep it interesting.  A plugin like MobArena, and make a parkour arena, etc. I haven't moderated/ran a premium server in years so I'm not sure how much has changed.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have already built the server's plugins pack and developed the core plugin. Just waiting Pad to coop.

1 person likes this

Posted

i need this aleady

Posted

Ded </3

Posted

Hi, all!

First of all, terribly sorry about the delay in this.  A topic posted a year and a half ago with no further information isn't good for anyone, I apologize.  I'm going to be better at development updates in the future. 

Believe it or not, this server isn't dead!  It's just... had a few hiccups.  I spent a ton of time configuring all of the permissions and then poof, laptop stolen and work gone (Backup your stuff everybody!).  I've had to do a lot of rebuilding from the ground up and that's what's taken so long. Tentative beta is for the end of the year.  I have yet to decide who will be in the beta, however; it will probably be people with high rank on Galaxy. 

The form of this server has taken a little change.  It will still be CMP.  Guests will join into a guest world just like Au70 Galaxy, it will be roughly the same size and layout.  We will still configure rank-specific worlds.  However; at a certain rank a plot on a superflat world will be granted.  It will be 256x256 (just like current realms) and tied to a specific person.  High-level building ranks will have permission to receive a second.  Donators may receive another plot upon donating.

I will also be looking into mini-games, as that would make a welcome diversion from CMP.  I like Jake's idea. 

As for staff, Andromeda will have its own staff.  Being Galaxy staff does not automagically grant you Andromeda staff.  However, we will probably grandfather in staff from Galaxy so we have a staff base to start from.

That's about it.  Expect more frequent development information soon as I re-work what I've worked once before...

P.S. Special shoutout to MrOnlineCoder who spent a ton of time building a lot of plugins for us to replicate Au70 Galaxy functionality.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi, all!

First of all, terribly sorry about the delay in this.  A topic posted a year and a half ago with no further information isn't good for anyone, I apologize.  I'm going to be better at development updates in the future. 

Believe it or not, this server isn't dead!  It's just... had a few hiccups.  I spent a ton of time configuring all of the permissions and then poof, laptop stolen and work gone (Backup your stuff everybody!).  I've had to do a lot of rebuilding from the ground up and that's what's taken so long. Tentative beta is for the end of the year.  I have yet to decide who will be in the beta, however; it will probably be people with high rank on Galaxy. 

The form of this server has taken a little change.  It will still be CMP.  Guests will join into a guest world just like Au70 Galaxy, it will be roughly the same size and layout.  We will still configure rank-specific worlds.  However; at a certain rank a plot on a superflat world will be granted.  It will be 256x256 (just like current realms) and tied to a specific person.  High-level building ranks will have permission to receive a second.  Donators may receive another plot upon donating.

I will also be looking into mini-games, as that would make a welcome diversion from CMP.  I like Jake's idea. 

As for staff, Andromeda will have its own staff.  Being Galaxy staff does not automagically grant you Andromeda staff.  However, we will probably grandfather in staff from Galaxy so we have a staff base to start from.

That's about it.  Expect more frequent development information soon as I re-work what I've worked once before...

P.S. Special shoutout to MrOnlineCoder who spent a ton of time building a lot of plugins for us to replicate Au70 Galaxy functionality.

​I'm glad to hear that this will still be a thing, we appreciate the hard work Pad!