Complaints

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi.  This is a thread for complaints about what has changed in the recent reboot.  I've got a few, but others may post theirs here as well.

1. 10,000 block limit for retired, which doesn't seem necessary even if you bring up the argument about mass grief and stolen accounts.  Unless the BlockDB fucks up or there's a world without it enabled, that should be a generally easy fix.  I was planning on building a little and noticed that was going to be a setback, but I no longer have that rank so it's not a problem for me personally.  But precaution is rarely a bad thing, so this is understandable. Fixed.

2.  Rules: "destorying", "memember", "No vile language" (not a fan of censorship, if anything change it to something other than "block", perhaps add a color so we know its censored and someone isn't saying the word block. Au70 was known for its more R-rated, arguably more mature player base, so this change isn't extremely important, but that was something I admired most about the community), in '/rules regulations' Foul language = allowed (which contradicts "no vile language") Fixed.

3. Mouf's worlds have waccess set to Owner+ 

Other than these few, I haven't seen much to complain about. Great work on reviving us, Pad, because I doubt many others would have done the same.

Edited by Jake0720
yes

Posted

Honestly the draw limit isn't a problem, it's fine as it is. And about mouf's worlds, pretty sure he set that himself, or asked for it anyway.

Posted

Hi.  This is a thread for complaints about what has changed in the recent reboot.  I've got a few, but others may post theirs here as well.

1. 10,000 block limit for retired, which doesn't seem necessary even if you bring up the argument about mass grief and stolen accounts.  Unless the BlockDB fucks up or there's a world without it enabled, that should be a generally easy fix.  I was planning on building a little and noticed that was going to be a setback, but I no longer have that rank so it's not a problem for me personally.  But precaution is rarely a bad thing, so this is understandable.

On the to fix list, thanks. 

2.  Rules: "destorying", "memember", "No vile language" (not a fan of censorship, if anything change it to something other than "block", perhaps add a color so we know its censored and someone isn't saying the word block. Au70 was known for its more R-rated, arguably more mature player base, so this change isn't extremely important, but that was something I admired most about the community), in '/rules regulations' Foul language = allowed (which contradicts "no vile language")

Also on the to-fix list. 

3. Mouf's worlds have waccess set to Owner+ :(

I don't know anything about that sorry

Other than these few, I haven't seen much to complain about. Great work on reviving us, Pad, because I doubt many others would have done the same.

I really should check here more, sorry.

I'm having a problem with the server config right now.  It doesn't load in ConfigGUI, there are several changes I have to make after I fix the application.  #1 and #2 are on that to-fix list :)

Thanks for the comments!

Posted

I've fixed #1 and #2, let me know how it works.

Posted (edited)

They work, thanks.  I've got a few more complaints about some command permissions.

Personally, these commands shouldn't be Owner+.  I'll put in parentheses what I think they should be.

HideOther/UnhideOther(Admin+), STFU (It's a chat troll command)(Mod+), Stealthkick(Operator+), UndoAreaNot/UndoPlayerNot(Admin+), Punch(Mod+), MuteAll(Admin+), Disconnect(Operator+), Brofist(Engineer+)

Also, players should be able to slap/punch/beatdown/kill/etc their peers because it's fun

Also if an owner wouldn't mind, could you set Mouf's worlds' waccess to everyone? He said he didn't know why they were Owner in the first place and I need a good eyegasm.

Edited by Jake0720
correct

Posted

Mouf can now do the waccess himself to all of his worlds, and I think most of the commands are fine as they are.

Posted

That's because you have access to them all. ;)

Punch is a modified version of /slap, brofist is a modified version of /high5, STFU is a fake mute command, Disconnect is a modified version of /kick, Muteall is /moderation with a timer. There's no reason to keep these restricted from everyone.

Posted

Admins (and other ranks?) should also be able to /slap other admins, since they can apparently /pummel them as well.